Rio Band Families,
Our Fabulous Pep Band will be performing in support of Rio Athletics at selected home football and basketball (boys and girls) games this year. Every member of Rio Band is in the Pep Band, and the performances are required events for ALL Rio Band kids. These are important events for Rio and for the Band program, as they are a way to showcase the band for hundreds of people who otherwise wouldn’t get to see our kids in action. Here’s the pertinent info for the upcoming football games:
- Dates- football games on (next) Friday, 9/11 and Friday 10/16. Basketball dates will come later.
- Our ‘home’ field is at Del Campo High School- 4925 Dewey Dr, Fair Oaks, CA 95628
- Dress- wear Rio Gear, or Green and Gold.
- All Rhythm Section players should arrive no later than 6pm
- All other (wind) players should arrive no later than 6:30pm
- Students are required to stay for the entire game. The usual end time is around 9:45 or 10pm.
- Students must be active participants in the Pep Band experience. Pay attention to directions, take care of your instrument, stay with the band, and have a blast!
- If there are any behavioral issues, the offending student will call their parent, and will need to be brought home immediately. Further disciplinary action will follow.
- Parents are responsible for all transportation to and from the events. Please be on time to pick up your kids after the game.
- If a student must miss a football game for any (legitimate) reason, I MUST have a note or email from a parent (NOT the student), stating the reason for missing the event. Wanting to see Grandma is not an acceptable reason to miss the game. Having a prior commitment to see Grandma out of town IS an acceptable reason. Thanks for your cooperation.
Go Rio Raiders!
Rio Americano High School
4540 American River Dr
Sacramento, Ca 95864